Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Rubric frustration

I went to grade my first set of projects today and I'm now thoroughly frustated. I really hate the rubric format that I have set up, and I'm having a difficult time breaking away from it as I create the rubrics for my next projects.

I have to change the English 9 short story rubric since I decided I don't like the formatting. I also have to create the English 12 rubric for the heroes project. While I'm closer to an idea of what I want the final deliverable for tue seniors to look like, I'm not 100% there yet.

My struggle with the rubric is there's no definitive addition process for o, which I guess is how my rubrics have been in the past. (I think that's one of the main reasons it's extra frustrating.)

I think another thing that's throwing me off is the fact that the rubric I created this summer is more of a checklist where each level builds on the other using Bloom's Taxonomy. While this makes sense in practice, it's not really making sense on the rubric and end portion.

I feel like I can't break away from this template/format I adapted this summer. I hate when I get stuck in an idea that I can't seem to leave behind to start from scratch.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day I guess.

On a more positive note, I met with someone from the Warsaw Community Library and they gave us some great display space that I think is going to work very well for the senior hero project. I need to meet from the woman from BYC about the freshmen project...maybe I'll have the freshmen construct a list of questions for her this week when we do Knows/Need to Knows.

I should probably be reading some Poe and Beowulf this weekend as well, but there is only so much time in the day  right?

No comments: