Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

November Follow Up Recap...

Another great day of PBL. Have my senior project at least outlined and I'll just need to refine over Christmas Break.

Here is a rought outline of what I want to do w/ seniors in the spring:
--Macbeth-looking at different adaptations and media (reading orig., movie in modern adaptation), writing/performing their modern adaptations....but I dont really have an "authentic" partner for this one.
--Inspiration and Influences in Literature-looking at reasons authors write (events in history, how they live, society values) as well as themes or how their writing influences history (religion, issues in society, love)
--Modern, Lord of the Flies...not sure with this one.

The next freshmen project is still wimming around up in my head. We're going to do The Odyssey and I'm thinking something with chatacter education and partnering with the elementary or middle school.

Here is my rough plqn for English 9 for spring semester:
--The Odyssey-chatacter ed w/elementary schools
--Opinion/Editorial-research paper, column
--Poetry-persuasive poetry, radion jingles? Not sure how this one will work with the standards, but someone did it with her 6th grades and it sounded cool

I know over our last few weeks before Christmas Break I want to work with them on final prep, working better as groups, finding and citing evidence on essays (to prep for their final).

No comments: