Pages

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Senior Project 2: Celebrating Unsung Heroes, almost complete

I'm thinking we're going to be finished with the senior project #2 Celebrating Unsung Heroes early next week! They're finishing up their final drafts of their essays tomorrow and I'm going to give them their edited epics back on Friday.

We wills start laying the projects out in Open Office Draw. I think I came up with a layout that is going to work today and I think I want the kids to all do the same layout. However, I'm debating if that is "true" PBL. I'm thinking I'd like them to all look the same in when we print them out so they all look cohesive and are well organized. I've thought about asking one of the students in my class that is good at graphic design if he'd like to come up with a template.

This is what's left on our to do list:
  • Final edits to epic
  • Check essay final draft one last time
  • Get pictures of their hero to me if I need to scan them OR save pictures to the computer
  • Get things laid out in Open Office Draw
  • Check one last time
  • Print
  • Laminate
  • Display! 
Laying them out in Draw should take too terribly long, especially if we're using a template.  I'm going to try to take some pictures of them working on the computers on Friday and I want to take a final
picture of them with their posters when they're completed.

I'll try to remember to post a few of the epics on here as well!

No comments: